Saturday, December 8, 2012

My QCIM runs

I always enjoy running in the Quezon City International
Marathon. Two years ago , I ran my first half marathon during
the second staging of the now yearly event.
This is the newest among my bib collections, sadly I could not find my other Quezon City International Marathon (QCIM) bib.

I ran the 10k this time after running the half-marathon race two years ago.

There are two reasons why I participate in the QCIM. First, I want to support the marathon organized by the city where I am living right now.

Second is the fact that it is only during this event that runners  are able to navigate Commonwealth Avenue, considered as one of the widest but highly dangerous streets in the country.


Because of  speeding which cause several mishaps which claimed so many lives, authorities were forced to enforce a speed limit in this highway.

Runners enjoying the what the  Commonwealth Avenue can offer
during the Quezon City International Marathon.
But during the QCIM, I and thousands of runners get to enjoy Commonwealth Avenue.  

Imagine running at the middle of this street anytime and any day of the week and I'm sure you'll get yourself killed.

Anyways, since I cannot find my bib when I ran my first half-marathon. I'll just show you my medal and the sensor (photo on the left) used during the race. 

I have yet to run something longer than the half -marathon but I'm looking forward to running my first full-marathon next year. 

And that's a promise. I want to that full-marathon out of my bucket list and hopefully, 2013 would be that year.

How about you, what will be your next target as a runner. How about a 50-kilometer ultra-marathon or something close to it?


No comments:

Post a Comment