Friday, November 9, 2012

My Mizuno Infinity Run

After my first trail run in the TNF 100 held inside the former US military airbase in Clark, Pampanga, I participated in the Mizuno Infinity Run 2009.


Since I was new to running then, I had difficulty in pacing myself. I was already tired and gasping for air when I reached the midway mark of the race.

I was literally walking when I reached the finish line.

But since my goal was to finish the race, I was happy that I was able to accomplish that.

Now, I know better. Experience taught me to pace myself in order to preserve my energy.

Experts said that rookie runners can opt for a 3-2-3 or three minute run, two minute recovery and three minute run in order to learn how pacing works.

What is your strategy in pacing yourselves in races? How did you learn to preserve your energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment