Sunday, October 5, 2014

What I learned in completing my Run United 2014 21K trilogy


DONE.

Early today, I completed my Run United Trilogy of 21k races at Mall of Asia in Pasay City. I considered the feat as a huge accomplishment in my amateur running career. As they say,  "Finish, finish lang."

The blue medal you can see in the photo above was the first of the three medals I collected in completing in the trilogy. The red medal was the second and this morning I received the white medal.

Now I am thinking that next year maybe I can do the 21-32-42 trilogy. I have yet to put my mind into it but finishing a full marathon is in my bucket list for awhile now. Maybe next year I can finally accomplish it. Maybe


What were the things I learned in finishing the trilogy?

First, it is important to commit. Commit yourself to the goal and never waiver.  Stick to it.

Second, and this is as important as the first one is that you have to plan. Plan how to reach your goal. Keep in mind that assessment is part of the planning. Assess not only how you are implementing the plan but how to change it if necessary.

Third, enjoy every stage of your plan. I found out that I can enjoy not only the actual race but the training if I add my other goals into it. Like if I want to visit a museum or a place, I would ensure to add that place in my training route.



No comments:

Post a Comment